What is Caramel Syrup For Coffee?
As coffee lovers, we know that there are varieties of syrup for coffee. These varieties of syrup have different flavor, taste, ingredients, and various steps to make them. One of such syrup you can add to your brewed coffee is the caramel syrup. It is nourishing and tasty.
With the Starbucks caramel syrup, your coffee has the taste of candy. It becomes sweet and you can only crave more. You can have some homemade caramel syrup that tastes exactly like that of Starbucks. The secret is getting the right ingredients for this caramel simple syrup. Also, you need to follow through the simple method of making this syrup.
Also, you can order the Starbucks caramel syrup for coffee if you don’t want to make a homemade type. This syrup is not just for coffee but also for tea. With heavy cream, your homemade Starbucks caramel syrup is ready for consumption.
What Are The Recipes For Caramel Syrup For Coffee?
Earlier we mentioned that to make a copycat Starbucks caramel syrup, you definitely need the right ingredients. You need sugar, caramel flavor, water, and a small pot or saucepan.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to make caramel syrup just like that of Starbucks requires using the three ingredients. Also, you need to exercise patience when making your caramel syrup. Otherwise, it may become hard and clump.
The difference between caramel syrup and caramel sauce is the ingredients they require. The caramel sauce has more ingredients which include cream, butter, and salt. The caramel syrup for coffee is very easy to make and tastes like Starbucks syrup. The caramel syrup is cost effective and can also be added to your tea.
Simple Recipe: Caramel Syrup For CoffeeCourse: Sweeteners
Earlier, we mentioned that you shall learn how to make the caramel syrup for coffee. With the Starbucks caramel syrup ingredients which include water, caramel extract and sugar, you are ready for a copycat Starbucks caramel syrup.
One 1/2 cups of water
Sugar of 3/4 cup
A caramel extract or flavor of one teaspoon
- First, you mix 3/4 cup of sugar with water in your saucepan or small pot. You need medium heat for heating this mixture.
- When the mixture begins to boil, you then have to reduce the heat. You allow this mixture to continue boiling in the medium heat. Then you observe how it caramelized its color to light golden. It takes roughly about 10 minutes for it to change color. At this point, you need to be so careful, observe the syrup because it may burn so fast after changing into light golden color.
- You have to then boil the 3/4 cup of water which remains. This is while the syrup carmelizes its color. Instantly remove your syrup from heat when it turns to light golden.
- You would then have to stir the caramel flavor or extract properly into the syrup. At this stage, you also add the remaining 3/4 cup of water you heat up.
- Prevent your syrup from splattering while adding water to it. Peradventure the syrup becomes hard, you have to return it over some low heat. You stir while watching it change into liquid. The purpose of the stirring is to enable it to change form.
- Lastly, allow the caramel syrup to become cool before pouring it in an airtight container for storage in the refrigerator. This is the best caramel flavoring for coffee.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories62
- % Daily Value *
- Cholesterol 5mg 2%
- Sodium 60mg 3%
- Potassium 6mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.