Tea is a popular drink from ancient times, especially in Asian countries. Originating from China, it is the most loved Indian beverage. On average, around 8 lakh tonnes of tea is consumed every year in India. The Starbucks iced chai tea latte is made exclusively from black tea with an exclusive blend of spices. The drink will give you a refreshing taste and, we bet, it’s the best way to start your morning.
What are the perks of making iced chai latte at home?
Though Starbucks makes the best-iced chai latte, a few people may require slight variations in sweetening agent or spice mix. The best part is that you get to design your chai the way you want at a low price.
What does chai taste like?
The Starbucks chai latte is inspired originally from the Indian chai. Most people ask does chai latte have caffeine? Even though this is a creamy but spicy mixture of black tea along with aromatic spices. The taste of this popular Indian beverage is sharp and distinct. The drink in general is infused with a refreshing taste. The sweetener and milk give a subtle flavor to the strong-tasting concentrate.
In the case of Starbucks-made iced vanilla chai latte, the tea concentrate is filled to one-third of the cup and topped with milk and ice. But in general, store-bought or homemade concentrates are thin when compared to Starbucks chai syrup. This is why a 1:1 proportion of concentrate to milk is required to give it a strong blend and taste.
How much is the iced chai tea latte?
The iced chai tea latte can cost you anywhere between $3.75 to $4.75. The tall chai latte would cost $3.75 and the venti iced chai tea latte would cost you $4.75. If you are an ardent fan of the Starbucks iced chai latte, then make your concentration and create your style and variants of chai latte.
Can I buy chai concentrates?
Tazo skinny iced chai tea latte concentrate is the easiest choice to make your Starbucks chai tea latte at home. The chai latte coffee is different because here concentrate contains a blend of all spices with sugar. All you have to do is mix up the concentrate with milk and ice to enjoy your latte.
But the Tazo skinny concentrate is light when compared to the Starbucks-made ones. This is why you will have to add more volume of the concentrate to enjoy a proper blend of chai latte.
5 tips to modify your chai latte
Tired of the regular flavored chai latte, here are 5 ideas that you can try and test on your cup of Starbucks iced chai to twist it.
- Additional syrup: You can add syrup of cinnamon dolce or brown sugar to enhance the flavor
- Twist it with sauce: Starbucks offers a wide range of sauces like pumpkin and mocha in the autumn.
- Choose your milk: Are you a vegan or do you wish to try new flavors? Replace your reduced-fat milk with almond milk or heavy cream.
- Sprinkle some dust: You can top your drink with cinnamon dust or pumpkin spice. This will elevate the flavor of your regular chai
- Do the drizzle: Add a drizzle of caramel or strawberry sauce to your normal iced tea latte
The Starbucks iced chai tea latte is a one-of-a-kind and most loved recipe. With the tips mentioned above, you can create and make your chai latte at home every day. Try and taste unique recipes to quench your chai quest. Test different combinations to find your cup of tea.
Starbucks Iced Chai Tea Latte RecipeCourse: Drinks
The recipe is really quick and simple. There are three ingredients in crafting a perfect Starbucks-style chai latte.
Highly concentrated chai concentrate
Ice (made with triple filtered water)
- The key component is Chai concentrate that adds caffeine, spice, and flavor to your ice chai latte. This is generally made from a blend of spices such as ginger, cardamom, peppercorn, nutmeg, cinnamon, star anise, and cloves.
- A mix of these spices is infused along with black tea and the sweetening agent to get the concentrate.Boil the mixture in half the quantity of water required for making regular chai. Pass the mixture through a strainer to get the flavourful concentrate.
- The second element in your chai latte is the milk and the sweetener. Add a plump of Chai concentrate directly into the cup that has both.
- Now fill the cup with ice. Give it a swirl to mix.
- Your chai latte can be hot or cold. If you are making a Starbucks iced chai tea latte modification, then filter or boil the water before using it to make ice. This eliminates the chlorine content in the water and hence enhances the taste of the chai.
- Black tea is normally used in making iced chai tea latte.
- If you are allergic or find the taste of the spice mix unappetizing, then you can always change the composition of your spice mix to match your taste.You can always replace it with plant-based milk like soy milk or almond milk for a vegan choice.
If you wish to cut down on grande iced chai tea latte calories you can replace it with skimmed milk. For the sweetener, you can use honey or maple syrup or any sweetening agent as per your choice.
- You can either use tea dust or tea bags of your choice to impart the chai flavor. If you wish to opt for a lower caffeinated version, then use decaf tea to make your cup of latte.
3 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories240
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2g 10%
- Cholesterol 15mg 5%
- Sodium 110mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 42g
- Protein 7g 15%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.