You don’t have to leave your home to enjoy the drink. I will share with you the best Starbucks iced green tea lemonade recipe.
When you buy an iced green tea lemonade at Starbucks, the process seems to be quick. This is because baristas have everything ready hence mixing is super quick.
The drink consists of:
- Green tea infusion
The ice generally is condensed water. However, not any water is used at Starbucks. They use triple filtered water to ensure there is no flavor alteration.
Lemonade isn’t just pure lemon juice. It is blended with other ingredients to give it a sweet taste. That is why your iced green tea lemonade tastes sweet.
The components of Starbucks lemonade juice include cane sugar, water, lemon oil, and lemon juice. It is the blending that ensures your tea has an authentic lemon taste.
Green tea infusion
With iced teas at Starbucks, they use pre-prepared concentrates. However, green tea and black tea concentrate have different ingredients and flavors.
The green tea concentrate features filtered water, blended green teas, spearmint leaves, lemongrass, and lemon verbena. The addition of natural flavors helps in giving the tea an authentic taste.
What lemonade does Starbucks use?
The type of lemonade in use at Starbucks is a sweetened one. It has lemon juice, cane, and sugar.
Unfortunately, Starbucks doesn’t have sugar-free lemonade. You can only enjoy sugar-free lemonade concentrate by making yourself at home or buying zero sugar lemonade in the stores.
How to make Starbucks green tea lemonade?
The iced green tea lemonade recipe is easy, and you can make it at home. I am going to show you how to make tea from home-based raw ingredients.
- Green tea (teabags or loose leaf)
- Water ice
Making green tea infusion
- Making green tea is just like making any other tea.
Heat your water in a teapot to a simmering temperature (180-185 degrees F)
- Add your teabags or loose-leaf tea and simmer for around 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the source of heat and the green tea brew to cool.
Besides making an infusion from hot water, you can also make cold brew lemonade Starbucks green tea. The process is easy by soaking tea leaves in cold water and refrigerating for 8 to 12 hours.
Making a lemonade
Starbucks lemonade copycat recipe is super easy, and you duplicate it at home. It doesn’t need to be perfect but tastes excellent.
- Extract enough lemon juice to make your lemonade (in this case, one cup)
- Mix one cup sugar and one cup water and boil to make a simple syrup. (You can reduce the amount of sugar or omit it if you want unsweetened lemonade).
- Add one cup of lemon juice to the simple sugar syrup and stir. Add water to dilute the lemonade and leave it to cool.
Assembling iced green tea lemonade
- Put ice into a jar
- Pour cooled green tea brew over the ice
- Add lemonade into the jar and a few times
- Your iced green tea lemonade is ready to cool and refresh your esophagus.
- Garnish your tea with mint and lemongrass leaves to add aromatic flavor and aroma.
If you want to make copycat iced green tea lemonade unsweetened, you can make sugar-free lemonade. This is achieved by substituting cane sugar with sugar alternatives.
You can add spices to your iced tea to give it a blend of flavors and make it sweeter.
You might be wondering whether the resulting iced tea is the same as the one you get at Starbucks.
The amazing thing is these two are almost similar. However, homemade can have different calories depending on the amount of sugar used.
Official Starbucks green tea lemonade calories is 50 for a Grande cup. However, you can make zero calories iced lemonade green tea at home by eliminating sugar.
What is the price for Starbucks iced green Teas?
Venti green tea lemonade price is $3.95, Trenta $4.25, Grande $3.45, and Tall 2.95.
Starbucks iced green tea lemonade recipeCourse: Drinks
For everyone who wants to have iced green tea lemonade at home. Here, I share a super quick recipe that you will accomplish in 10 minutes.
I will use ready ingredients to make the process super easy and quick in this recipe.
2 teabags (Teavana Jade Citrus Mint tea bags)
1 cup lemonade
1 cup water
- Add water into an electric jug and heat it to an almost boiling point of 185 degrees F. You can also use a saucepan and place it on the top of the stove.
- Put the teabags into the simmering water and cover. Let the tea bags steep for about 3 minutes before removing and discarding them.
- Transfer the brewed tea into a cocktail shaker and let it cool down.
- Add the lemonade and ice into the cooled tea and shake a few times, and the tea is ready to sip.
- 1. It’s better to use tea bags rather than green tea concentrate. Tea bags offer great taste.
2. Teavana Jade Citrus Mint tea bags make iced green tea lemonade beverages at Starbucks.
3. You can use your lemonade since you can customize your sugars requirements. There are also zero sugar lemonades available online.
4. You can drink the tea without foam but shaking longer will frothy a frothy drink.
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories300
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Sodium 116mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.