Looking for a new seasonal drink to try? Look no further than Starbucks’ 2023 fall menu, which includes the Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso, Pumpkin Spice Latte, Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew and Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte.
In today’s post, I’ll introduce The Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso and the copycat recipe. While the apple crisp flavor and oatmilk pairing are not new to Starbucks, this is the first time they’ve combined it with their popular shaken espresso.
What is Starbucks Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso?
The Iced Apple Crisp Shaken Espresso is made with Starbucks’ Blonde Espresso, which is shaken with notes of apple pie and brown sugar before being topped with oat milk. The result is a cold, creamy, and slightly sweet drink that is perfect for sipping on a crisp fall day.
At only 180 calories and 21g of sugar per serving, this drink is a healthier alternative to some of Starbucks’ other fall-inspired beverages. Plus, the addition of oatmilk makes it a great option for those who are lactose intolerant or looking to cut back on dairy.
If you’re looking to switch up your usual Starbucks order, give the Iced Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso a try. It’s the perfect way to welcome in the fall season.
To make the delicious Starbucks Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso, you will need the following ingredients:
Starbucks Brown Sugar Syrup
Starbucks Brown Sugar Syrup is a sweetener that adds a caramelized sweetness to the drink. It is made from packed light or dark brown sugar and infused with two cinnamon sticks or ground cinnamon to give it warmth and spice. You will need 3 pumps of this syrup for the recipe.
Amoretti Apple Pie Syrup
Amoretti Apple Pie Syrup is a delicious syrup that adds a sweet and tangy apple flavor to the drink. It is made from natural ingredients and contains no artificial flavors or colors. You will need 1 pump of this syrup for the recipe.
Blonde Espresso is a lighter roast espresso that has a milder, sweeter flavor than traditional espresso. It is made from high-quality, 100% Arabica beans and is perfect for those who prefer a less intense coffee flavor. You will need 3 shots of Blonde Espresso for the recipe.
Ice cubes are used to chill the drink and give it a refreshing taste. You will need a handful of ice cubes for the recipe.
Oat milk is a non-dairy milk alternative that is made from oats and water. It has a creamy texture and a slightly sweet taste that complements the flavors of the drink. You will need enough oat milk to fill the rest of the cup after adding all the other ingredients.
That’s all the ingredients you need to make the Starbucks Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso. With these simple ingredients, you can make a delicious and refreshing fall-inspired drink that is perfect for any time of day.
To make the delicious Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso at home, follow these simple steps:
- Add Syrups to the Shaker – Start by adding 3 pumps of Starbucks brown sugar syrup and 1 pump of Amoretti apple pie syrup to your shaker.
- Brew Espresso – Brew your blonde espresso using a Nespresso machine or any other espresso machine you have. Pour it into the shaker with the syrups.
- Add Ice and Shake – Add half a cup of ice to the shaker and shake it well until the mixture is frothy and well combined.
- Prepare the Cup – Drizzle caramel apple sauce in your Starbucks cup.
- Add Ice to the Cup – Add the remaining ice to the cup.
- Pour the Mixture into the Cup – Pour the mixture from the shaker into the cup.
- Top with Oat Milk – Finally, top the drink with oat milk.
Variations and Customizations
If you’re looking to customize your Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso, there are a few variations you can try to make it your own. Here are some ideas to get you started:
Lighter on Calories
For a lower-calorie version, consider reducing the apple brown sugar syrup from 3 pumps to 2, swapping out the apple pie syrup for sugar-free vanilla syrup, and opting for almond milk instead of oat milk. This modification results in just 100 calories, providing a guilt-free indulgence.
If you’re caffeine-sensitive or prefer decaffeinated beverages, simply substitute the default blonde espresso with decaf espresso. This maintains the delightful taste without the caffeine jitters.
To infuse your drink with an extra burst of flavor, feel free to request a shot of caramel or vanilla syrup. This imparts a luscious and sweet twist to your Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso.
Craving a frozen delight? Ask your barista to blend your Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso with ice to transform it into a delectable Frappuccino. Perfect for those scorching days, it offers a refreshing and creamy experience.
If oat milk isn’t your preference, explore other milk options such as soy, almond, or coconut. Tailor your drink’s flavor and texture to your liking with these alternatives.
Baked Apple Croissant
The freshly introduced Starbucks 2023 Baked Apple Croissant makes for an ideal companion to the Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso. Its luscious apple filling and layers of buttery croissant dough harmonize wonderfully with the spiced apple essence in the beverage.
Opting for a classic, the cinnamon roll is another superb choice. The cinnamon’s aromatic richness complements the drink’s cinnamon notes, while the roll’s sweetness gracefully balances the espresso’s bitterness.
For a more indulgent pairing, savor the Apple Pie. Its warm, gooey filling and flaky crust harmonize beautifully with the drink’s apple profile. The pie’s sweetness deftly offsets the espresso’s bitterness, creating a delightful contrast.
If you’re inclined towards savory options, consider the Cheese Danish. Its buttery, flaky pastry complements the creamy oat milk in the beverage, while the tangy cheese provides a delightful counterpoint to the apple syrup’s sweetness.
If you’re considering trying Starbucks’ Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso, you might be interested in what other customers are saying about it. Here’s a summary of some authentic reviews we found:
- Some customers didn’t enjoy the drink, describing it as “weird,” “tasting like a candle,” or even “bug spray.”
- Others found the drink too sweet, with a strong brown sugar taste that overpowered the apple and spice flavors.
- However, some customers did enjoy the drink, with one person even preferring it to the popular Pumpkin Spice Latte.
- If you’re a fan of the Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato, you might like this drink too, as one customer gave it a 9 out of 10 rating and noted that it has more espresso than the macchiato.
- Some customers experienced issues with the apple syrup settling at the bottom of the drink, but stirring it well helped to meld the flavors together and create a delicious apple and cinnamon taste.
On the whole, customer reviews of the Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso are mixed, with some loving it and others not enjoying it as much. If you’re a fan of apple and cinnamon flavors, it might be worth giving it a try to see where you fall on the spectrum.
How much is Starbucks’ Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso?
It costs approximately $7.
Is Starbucks’ Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso suitable for vegans?
Yes, it is vegan-friendly as it is made with oat milk and does not contain dairy products.
How much caffeine is in Starbucks’ Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso?
The caffeine content in Starbucks’ Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso varies by size, with 170 mg in a tall cup (12 oz), 255 mg in a grande cup (16 oz), and 340 mg in a venti cup (24 oz).
If you’re a fan of Starbucks and want to recreate their famous drinks at home, this recipe is a great place to start. With a little practice, you can become a master barista and impress your friends with your coffee-making skills.
And if you’re looking for more copycat Starbucks recipes, there are plenty out there to choose from. From the Pumpkin Spice Latte to the Chocolate Java Mint Frappuccino, you can recreate all your favorite Starbucks drinks from the comfort of your own home.
So go ahead and give this recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed!
How to Make Starbucks Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken EspressoCourse: Drinks
3 pumps starbucks brown sugar syrup
1 pumps amoretti apple pie syrup
3 shots of blonde espresso
- Begin by incorporating 3 pumps of Starbucks brown sugar syrup and 1 pump of Amoretti apple pie syrup into your shake.
- Brew your blonde espresso using a Nespresso machine or any other espresso machine you have. Pour it into the shaker with the syrups.
- Add half a cup of ice to the shaker and shake it well until the mixture is frothy and well combined.
- Drizzle caramel apple sauce in your Starbucks cup.
- Add the remaining ice to the cup.
- Pour the mixture from the shaker into the cup.
- Finally, top the drink with oat milk.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories180
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Sodium 190mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 21g
- Protein 2g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.