When it’s time for the fall season, all we think about is pumpkin sauce Starbucks. They have commercialized to the length that everyone is always excited for the autumn so that they can have a taste of the evergreen pumpkin spice range offered by Starbucks.
So, do you also want to celebrate this autumn season with Starbucks spice sauce? Then keep reading this article to scour through the copycat homemade pumpkin sauce recipe and know more about it.
What is Starbucks Pumpkin Sauce?
The Starbucks pumpkin sauce is primarily used in their Pumpkin Spice Latte, the only product in their pumpkin spice range. It is has become so popular that almost everyone believes it is the fall season only Starbucks has started offering the Pumpkin Spice Latte.
So, do you want to know how to make Starbucks pumpkin sauce? Let us find in as we explore more.
Where Can We Use Pumpkin Spice Starbucks?
You can use this spicy sauce on any dish you desire. Many people use it in their espresso and tea, but you can also use it to make your cake flavoring. Pumpkin sauce for coffee and tea is more popular than any other recipe.
Starbucks introduced this item as a syrup in 2003. But then they had a makeover of this flavor in 2015 and rebranded it as Pumpkin spice sauce.
What Pumpkin Sauce Does Starbucks Use?
Starbucks pumpkin sauce ingredients include pumpkin puree, sugar, and condensed milk. The puree was added in the 2015 makeover of the sauce after many complained that there was no authentic feel in it.
The condensed milk also adds nuance to this flavorful sauce. Moreover, the pumpkin spice topping Starbucks uses makes this sauce a star for any drink.
One best alternative for the syrup used by Starbucks is Fontana pumpkin spice sauce. It is available online, and you can easily buy it.
How Can You Make Homemade Pumpkin Spice Syrup?
Not everyone enjoys waiting in long lines. So, here is a quick and easy Starbucks pumpkin spice syrup recipe to make the autumn season-special latte.
Where Can You Use the Pumpkin Spice Flavoring?
Various recipes can be found online, from pies to mac and cheese, where this pumpkin spice flavoring can be used. Let us look into some of them.
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
Do you want to know how to use this spicy sauce in your cupcakes? Here, check out the steps below.
Firstly, dry ingredients like flour, baking soda, baking powder, and a blend of spices should be whisked or sifted together. Over here, you can make your blend of spices or use your favorite store-bought pumpkin spice blend.
Then, combine butter, brown sugar, vanilla, eggs, and a full cup of pumpkin puree in a mixing bowl.
Gently combine the pumpkin mixture and dry ingredients and bake as directed to complete the batter. After being baked and cooled, top them with a simple cream cheese frosting or chunks of Choco chips.
Pumpkin Spice Mac and Cheese
Now that you’ve learned to use pumpkin sauce Starbucks in cupcakes, here’s how you can incorporate it in mac and cheese.
Firstly, melt some butter in a saucepan and whisk in the flour until it is light brown and nutty. Next, whisk in the milk until the sauce thickens.
It’s all about the seasonings once you’ve made a creamy sauce. You can season with salt, pepper, mustard, nutmeg, and, of course, pumpkin puree.
Mix in some cheese, and the sauce is ready for the pasta once the cheese has melted.
You can stop here for stovetop mac and cheese, grab a bowl, and dig in. Also, you can bake it for a cheesier crust.
How Many Calories in Starbucks Pumpkin Sauce?
Around 120 calories.
A single dash of this sauce adds about 7.5g of sugar and 30 calories. A Grande drink consists of 4 pumps of spicy pumpkin syrup. So, a usual order would have 30g of sugar and 120 calories just from the syrup!
The pumpkin sauce Starbucks has become a global phenomenon, taking over the world. So, do try out the recipe mentioned above and feel the warmth the flavor brings to many food items.
Starbucks Pumpkin Sauce Latte RecipeCourse: Drinks
Make a cup of autumn-special Pumpkin Spice Latte in only 25 minutes.
Pumpkin pie spices
- Pour water into a saucepan and add sugar to it. Then, get the mixture simmered.
- Soon after the sugar gets dissolved, add cinnamon sticks, ground cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and pumpkin puree. Then, cook it for 20 minutes in the pan.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and sieve it through cheesecloth immediately.
- Finally, pour this pumpkin spice latte syrup into a cup of brewed espresso and top it with a layer of whipped cream!
- To add a more authentic taste to the Starbucks-like Pumpkin Spice Latte, instead of water, use condensed milk. Heat the milk with sugar, pumpkin pie spices, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium heat. After that, combine the pumpkin spice milk and the strong coffee, and you’re done!
- To make this pumpkin spice syrup, get yourself a good quality saucepan that can take adequate heat. You should also use good authentic pumpkin pie spices to get the desired flavors. Additionally, get a sturdy whipped cream dispenser to save yourself from any mess.
Pumpkin Pie Spices
Whipped Cream Dispenser
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories66
- % Daily Value *
- Sodium 30mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Protein 1g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.