There are a lot of beverages available today in the market. Be it iced drinks, lattes, soda pops, or fruit-flavored refreshers; you can get a variety of flavors. Starbucks released a specialized medicine bomb tea as a remedial drink atypical to other beverages.
The hot drink is well-received by customers for its health benefits and flavors. If you are looking for an exotic drink that works like a charm for cold symptoms, then medicine bomb tea is a perfect choice. So, keep reading further to know about this healthy drink and the easy homemade Starbucks medicine bomb tea recipe.
What is the Medicine Bomb at Starbucks?
Starbucks initially released the medicine bomb tea as a secret menu beverage. Exclusive to cold weather, this piping hot drink was later listed on the official menu of Starbucks as a remedial beverage. Today this drink is available as part of hot teas at Starbucks under the name honey citrus mint tea.
This tea is also known as Coldbuster tea or sick tea due to its properties to cure sore throats and ease other common cold symptoms. Other than this, if you are looking for a hot drink with an exotic flavor, this is a great flavorful and healthy alternative.
What’s in Starbucks Medicine Bomb?
With many benefits, it is relevant that you would want to know what is contained in this hot beverage. The ingredients used in making this drink have great medicinal benefits. Medicine bomb Starbucks ingredients such as chamomile flowers, rosehip peels, organic lemon verbena, Teavana jade citrus mint green tea, peach tranquility herbal tea, steamed lemonade, and honey increase the nutritional value of this beverage.
Also popular as the Starbucks tea for sore throat, this beverage includes the fusion of spearmint, organic lemongrass, peach extraction, xanthan gum, apple concentrate, and pineapple concentrates infused with the primary ingredients.
Does Starbucks Medicine Bomb Work?
While this hot beverage alone cannot be used to cure a common cold entirely, it does help in relieving the symptoms. For example, it can ease a sticky nose, sore throat, and bad flu.
Mild cold symptoms, like itchy throat, can be cured by this hot beverage’s vitamin C concentration and antibacterial properties. With this medicine bomb at Starbucks low fodmap containing anti-inflammatory properties, you can boost your overall health and immunity, thereby easing cold and flu symptoms encountered through seasonal changes.
How to Make Starbucks Medicine Bomb at Home?
You can easily make this healthy and delicious Starbucks flu bomb tea at home, subject to the availability of the ingredients mentioned above.
So, all you need to do is add jade citrus mint tea, honey blend, peach pieces extract, Teavana peach tranquility tea, chamomile flowers, organic lemon verbena, organic lemongrass, rosehip peels, and honey blend infusion to the boiled lemonade. Then, to adjust the flavors, you can add boiling water with the infusion.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now that you’re well-acquainted with the Starbucks medicine bomb tea recipe, here are the answers to some commonly asked questions to give you a better understanding of this beverage.
Medicine bomb is listed among the healthiest beverages due to natural ingredients with medicinal values. With the help of the above-mentioned Starbucks medicine bomb tea recipe, you can thus recreate this wonderful drink to boost energy and improve the overall symptoms of a mild cold.
Starbucks Medicine Bomb Tea RecipeCourse: Drinks
Enjoy a cup of hot and exotic Starbucks medicine ball tea by following this simple step-by-step recipe.
- For honey blend
- For lemonade
- For medicine ball tea
1 Teavana peach tranquility tea bag
1 Teavana jade citrus mint tea bag
Peppermint extract (optional)
- Mix half a cup of honey with water, a generous pinch of powdered citric acid, 2 teaspoons of xanthan gum, and blend using a liquid blender at a lower speed.
- To make lemonade, mix 3-4 teaspoons of lemon juice, water, a teaspoonful of lemon oil, and sugar as per the retirement. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Bring the lemonade to a boil either on a stove or microwave for 2 minutes.
- Take a large cup and fill it ¾ with steamed lemonade. Add hot water as per the requirement, and then place the Teavana jade citrus mint tea bag and peach tranquility tea bag in the cup for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the tea flavors are released, add 2-3 spoons of honey blend and give the tea a good mix.
- To enhance the minty flavor of the tea, you can add peppermint syrup as a topping. Add 2 spoons of this syrup and mix gently. Let the beverage cool a bit, and then this hot elixir is ready to consume.
- This drink contains caffeine: 16mg.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories130
- % Daily Value *
- Sodium 10mg 1%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
You can use the following ingredients to reduce the efforts in making this medicine bomb tea.